Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Lovely Cakes: Strawberry Strawberry Cake

I must be on a baking kick. I blame it on the Rice Krispy Treats I made last week when I was looking for something sweet and found the ingredients in my pantry to fix them up. Which was followed by the cupcakes for last weekend's tailgate. Yesterday, I had a hankering for Strawberry Cake.
When J and I were in Dallas, J took me to get the most awesome strawberry cake from Celebrity Cafe and Bakery in Highland Park Village. So in an effort to recreate this delicious cake, I found a strawberry cake recipe and a strawberry frosting recipe and combined them. (I had to triple the frosting recipe to adequately cover the cake)
The result? Very close to the cake from Celebrity Cafe & Bakery. I think next time I'll add more pureed strawberries to both the cake and the frosting. You can never have enough strawberries!

3 comments:

  1. wow this cake looks delish! a strawberry cake with fresh puree'd strawberries?! wow, the only strawberry cake i've ever made was from the box... haha! i wish you could have made that cake for me, M, R, and T for this weekend!!!!

    How did J like it?

    That cafe looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo that looks YUM!

    i wonder if it tastes similar to the sprinkles strawberry cupcake.. they also use fresh strawberries. i want a piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed! When I want to make dessert I put a scoop of vanilla ice cream in a cup of root beer. Haha :) Wish I could bake... Happy Thanksgiving!
    Bisous,
    Rachel
    lovealamode.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete