Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lovely Weddings: My Sister's Bridal Shower


 My sister’s garden themed bridal shower was at Plumeria Beach House at the Kahala Hotel in Hawaii.  Everything turned out perfect, and I especially loved the ambiance of the restaurant and told my sister I’d love to have my own bridal shower here some day!  The service was amazing, everyone enjoyed the food, and the strawberry shortcake was the best I’ve ever had!  For the centerpieces (which also served as favors) I chose pink Lisianthus, off-white spray roses, and white stock to put in mini bud vases adorned with green ribbon and personalized with each guest’s initial.  I set out 4 jewelry stands (purchased from Urban Outfitters) with assorted jewelry from Forever21 for the guests to choose as additional favors.  I had so much fun shopping for all the jewelry and saved a lot of money by creating the DIY bud vases with Martha Stewart tags and letter stickers, and pearl and rhinestone stickers I bought from Michaels.  I also used Martha Stewart labels for the prizes, which were easy to make since the labels are so pretty to begin with.  Can someone else please get engaged so I can plan another bridal shower?  Baby showers are acceptable, too! 

8 comments:

  1. These photos are gorgeous! The vases are so cute, great crafting!
    Bisous,
    Rachel
    lovealamode.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed! i'm amazed. hehe. your sister is so lucky to have a crafty maid of honor =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks soo pretty!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg H your sister's bridal shower looked amazing.. so pretty!!! i'm impressived with your DIY skills! muhaha.. that cake looks so nommy!

    www.lisalovescoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i still can't get over your awesome jewelry tree!!!!!! such a pretty shower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks guys! yeah the cake was DELISSSHHHHH.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg LOVE. love everything! the flowers, the favors, the photos... absolutely flawless.

    p.s. i'd like a tea party please. think tim burton's mad hatter tea. just saying. ~.^

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have those jewelry stands from UO! i really want to make a new jewelry stand using small and "branchy" tree branches. just find a nice one, paint it and build a base with a pot and some moss. now i just need to get out into the proper foliage to find branches. hah.

    also, the flowers are soo gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete