Anyone who knows me well, knows how much I despise chicken (unless battered and fried). But in an effort to eat healthier dinners, my J has stressed the importance of our consuming more chicken dishes...which unfortunately does not include fried chicken.
So I went online and found a recipe for Lime Chicken Soft Tacos on Allrecipes.com. It is fast and easy to make, and surprisingly very yummy. This recipe also has 1,202 reviews with a 4.5 out of 5 star rating.
Now, I did make a few substitutions which I think made the recipe a bit different:
- Instead of throwing green onions into the mixture while cooking, I opted to top the tacos with fresh cilantro before eating
- I omitted the oregano
- We did not top the taco with lettuce
- I used queso fresco instead of monterey jack cheese
- I diced an avocado to include as a taco topping
- We squeezed a bit of fresh lime juice on the tacos instead of using salsa
Yes, I realize that I made a lot of changes. But it got me to eat chicken and I definitely plan to make it again and again.