Thursday, July 8, 2010

Lovely Outfits: Old is New



I have just two vintage pieces in my entire wardrobe ~ a waist-cinching belt that I found in my Mom's closet from the 70's, and a brown reptile skin bag I purchased in a vintage shop while on vacation in Florence, Italy. Both are definitely favorites in my wardrobe, especially the belt because of it's rich caramel color and cool buckle.

Today happened to be the day I wore both pieces together. The belt adds shape to my flowy pale-pink dress (from T. Lynn!) and the bag adds some office appropriateness to an otherwise too-frilly outfit. I kept warm in the chilly office with my cardigan (pictured above).

{Dress & Cardigan: To The Max; Shoes: Steve Madden; Bag & Belt: Vintage; Cuff: David Yurman}

3 comments:

  1. your oufit is so cute! in fact, the whole look is very bohemian and 70s inspired.

    love that belt... maybe i should rummage through my mom's closet and see if i can find any items to "borrow".

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your outfit! I want to see what your sweater looks like, it looks super cute, too! And your vintage bag is gorgeous, i want to go vintage shopping in Italy!!

    i'm pretty sure my mom doesn't have any of her old clothes. =(

    p.s. you finally got J to take a pic! you should have your lovely hawaii scenery in the background for the next one =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post! your whole outfit is adorable

    ReplyDelete